Darlings! The birds are singing, the grass smells sweet and fragrant blossoms perfume the air! What better time to go on a lovely picnic al fresco than in the Springtime before the weather gets too hot and the bugs come out in full force?!
For the last throwdown, BamaTrav, winner of the lobster throwdown, made an excellent choice by picking Caribbean as the theme for his competition. La Diva loved seeing all the creative entries and interpretations but having the home field advantage as a Miami Mami, I took home the prize. You can see my Caribbean entries HERE! As the winner of the throwdown, La Diva gets to pick the theme and date for the next throwdown and my theme is:
Oh those wacky Aussies! 6000 people participated in a picnic on the Sydney Harbour Bridge last October. Click HERE to take you to the story!
Here are the rules:
- You have to enter a dish that can be eaten cold outside of the kitchen and requires no additional on the spot cooking (so grilling outside doesn't count) You have to actually PREPARE something yourself, video submissions of other people cooking, pre-made food from the deli and links to good picnic recipes don't count.
- Anyone can enter. If you don't have a blog you can send me a photo and description and I'll post on my page: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have to post by the deadline of Wednesday, June 16. (just under three weeks away) I will post my entry and then you come to my blog and comment that you are UP. I'll come 'round and visit your site to see your entry and declare a winner.
- Extra bonus points go to those that add a photo of their picnic or fave picnic spot!
With the holiday weekend upon us, there should be good opportunity for all to participate!
Over the years, La Diva has enjoyed some great opportunities to picnic, here are a few of my fave past picnic places to inspire you:
- Christmas Day picnic on the beach in Sydney eating oysters, prawns and smoked fish while drinking local sparkling wine.
- Under the stars at the Hollywood Bowl watching Sting and Annie Lennox and eating pressed Italian sandwiches, antipasti and salads.
- On the bike trail at Shark Valley in the Everglades eating simple submarine sandwiches and drinking lemonade from a backpack cooler.
The PICNIC theme provides everyone with the opportunity to experiment with a dish you've been wanting to try, or to prepare a traditional family favorite or even to highlight a regional recipe! Good luck everyone, I look forward to seeing your entries on June 16th!
Ciao for now, darlings!
If you are looking for Miami cooking classes or a chef to provide unique culinary entertainment for your next event or party, call Laura Lafata aka La Diva Cucina! Click HERE for more info!cooking class, cocktails, parties, cocktail party, Miami, coral gables, events, bartending class, cocktail class, Laura Lafata, Miami Beach, miami cooking classes, bachelorette parties, bachelorette party, personal chef, corporate events, catering, personal chef, party entertainment, www.ladivacucina.com, top chef